Here they are more tips for super secret on iPad Features and Shortcuts :
- Remotely Secure Your iPad : If you’re worried that your iPad has been left in mortal peril, you can use the online iCloud site to remotely set a passcode. For ultimate privacy protection you can press the figurative self-destruct button and erase all of your data!
- Change Map Type : Most people have got this down, but it’s still worth mentioning. You can easily change the type of map you’re viewing by peeling back the map from the bottom right corner and selecting a different type. I, personally, am a big fan of the terrain view – giving you an idea of the hills you might encounter on that walk you’re plannin.
- Show Other Characters : Easily access a host of unusual characters and symbols by holding down a letter on the keyboard. Need an umlaut, look no further!
- Caps Lock : To enable Caps Lock you merely double tap the shift key. Tap once to turn it off. Couldn’t be easier than that!
- Undock the Keyboard : Hold down on the keyboard button, in the bottom right, and select Undock. This simple command puts your keyboard in the middle of the screen, obscuring anything below it. I’m not sure when this would ever be useful, answers in the comments…
- Change Map Type : Most people have got this down, but it’s still worth mentioning. You can easily change the type of map you’re viewing by peeling back the map from the bottom right corner and selecting a different type. I, personally, am a big fan of the terrain view – giving you an idea of the hills you might encounter on that walk you’re planning
- Find My Friends : I’m always surprised by how many people don’t know about Find My Friends! Apple publicised it in the App Store for a while, but hasn’t really pushed it – it’s a take it or leave it feature really, understandable given it’s slightly unnerving use. In a similar fashion to the last tip, hold down the comma key to find a hidden apostrophe. Have you been changing to the punctuation page?
- Double Tap Space : This is a feature that I’m certain will be coming to the Mac any day now. On all iOS devices you need only double tap the space key to insert a full-stop (period). Making writing in sentences, rather than text drawl, that much easier.
- Quickly Type Numbers : This is a useful, and well known, tip for easily typing numbers and punctuation. Rather than using three button taps to add a dollar sign, just hold your finger on the numbers button and drag to the dollar sign. When you let go you’ll be right back on the normal keyboard!